Hillel said, “Do not separate yourself from the community.” (Pirkei Avot 2:4)
There is something for everyone at Temple Oheb Shalom. From the youngest toddlers enjoying Tot Shabbat and playdates to the eldest of our seniors, we welcome all who share a commitment to Reform Judaism. We are a vibrant and diverse community dedicated to meeting and supporting our members wherever they are in their Jewish journey. This is the place to create personal connections and make memories while deepening engagement with Judaism and Jewish life.
While this website can tell you a little about us, only by worshiping with us, learning with us, sharing Shabbat dinner with us, or meeting with our member of our professional team will you get to know the real Temple Oheb Shalom. We are known for the warmth of our members and our clergy; people feel a part of our family as soon as they meet us. We invite you to visit with us and become a member of Baltimore's most welcoming Reform Jewish congregation.
Benefits of Membership
Temple Oheb Shalom is open to the community for Shabbat worship and many other of our events and programs, but there are some benefits that are reserved for members only. Some of these benefits are:
- Discounted Religious School for Children of Members
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Services and Preparation
- Access to Our Outstanding Clergy
- Discounted Adult Education Classes
- Family Education Programming
- Participation in High Holy Day Services
- Discounted Cemetery Plots in our Congregation-owned Cemeteries
- Priority Enrollment in our Learning Ladder Preschool
- Use of our Worship Facilities for Lifecycle Events (baby naming or brit milah, bar or bat mitzvah, wedding, memorial service)
- Discounted Rental Fees for Social Events
- Volunteer and Leadership Opportunities
What About Dues?